The Department of Information Systems is responsible for all computer hardware, software, telecommunications, and other technology needs for the city. Information System’s mission is to improve government services through the use of technology.
Information Systems coordinates the use of computer technology across all City departments to ensure that accurate and timely information is provided to citizens, elected officials, management
Some of the services Information Systems provide to the organization are:
- Software Design, Development, Implementation
- Systems Management, Administration & Security
- Project Management and Business Process Analysis
- Technical Support and Training
- Development of Information Systems Policies and Standards
- Management of Telecom and Technology Vendors
- Digital Signage - Content creation and system specifications.
- GIS System Administration and map creation.
- Council Chambers video recording/streaming services.
- Video surveillance/security systems.
Information Systems also designs, develops and maintains many of the City’s Electronic Government Services (E-Gov). Some of these systems are:
- Online Water System (OWS). Gives citizen’s a portal to sign up for E-Bills, view water bill/account details, and pay bills online.
- Online Tax System (OTS). Gives citizen’s a portal to pay withholding and Income Tax bills.
- BidView – Online vendor portal for bid notifications and postings.
- Online purchasing of birth/death records.
business friendlypermitting system
Some of the bigger projects upcoming for the Department:
- Continuing the migration of physical servers to a virtual environment.
- Upgrade of the legacy telephone PBX to a new VOIP telephone system.
- Upgrade of the Public Works workflow management system.