The City of Middletown Health Department's Mission is to Promote and Protect the health and well being of all Middletown residents.
Vision A connected and healthy community in which to work, live and play.
Unity: A healthy community with a strong sense of unity among its members. A desire to belong and help one another is necessary for all to feel safe, connected and invested.
Respect: Respect for all people and property encourages community members to feel valued and welcomed. Differences should be expected and embraced.
Healthy Lifestyle: Adequate opportunities to live a healthy lifestyle include access to comprehensive wellness and preventative health care, substance abuse prevention and treatment, nutritious foods, safe clean neighborhoods, parks, trails and recreational activities for all ages and physical abilities.
Kindness: Regular kind and caring interactions among members are essential in order to foster compassion and empathy.
Education: Access to health information and opportunities for education improves awareness of healthy behaviors, health promotion and available resources.
Health Department Services
Services are provided in accordance with State of Ohio statutes and Ohio Public Health Council.
The City of Middletown Health Department does not offer immunizations at this time. For a list of alternate locations, please see the following link.
Vital Statistics Division will provide, for $25 each, birth certificates from anywhere in the State of Ohio and death certificates for deaths occurring in the City limits of Middletown.
Birth & Records
The Vital Statistics division of the Health Department provides certified copies of Birth records for all Ohio counties and Death records for deaths occurring in the within the City limits of Middletown. There is a $25 per certificate charge. Certificates will be sent via U.S. Mail. Expedited services are available, for an additional fee.
Environmental Health Division
The Environmental Health Division of the City of Middletown Health Department assures a safe and healthy environment by monitoring and licensing all food related facilities; restaurants, grocery stores, vending locations, mobile units and temporary events, like the Ohio Balloon Challenge. We investigate food borne illnesses within the City limits. We have responsibilities regarding private water supplies, new installation inspections of on-site sewage systems and surveys. We monitor school environments, tattoo and body piercing establishments, as well as, inspecting the City jail. We investigate animal bites for our Rabies Control Program. We license and monitor all public pools (apartment complexes, health clubs, etc.) We are involved with emergency response planning and emergency response training activities. Additionally, we provide Smoking Ban enforcement as mandated by Ohio State Law.
Health EducationThe City of Middletown Health Department provides information to the community regarding a wide variety of health issues, environmental food safety and health and wellness programs. Contact the department for further information.
- APPLICATION FOR VENDING MACHINE LOCATION
- APPLICATION TO CONDUCT FOOD SERVICE OPERATION - RETAIL
- POTABLE WATER INTERRUPTION IN FOOD SERVICE OPERATIONS
- BODY ART PIERCING PLAN REVIEW- APPLICATION AND GUIDELINES
- EXAMPLES OF BODY ART REQUIRED FORMS
- TIME LIMITED BODY ART PIERCING APPLICATION GUIDELINES
- CAMPGROUND TEMP APPLICATION GUIDELINES
- BED BUG PREVENTION DETECTION CONTROL
- CLEANING VOMIT DIARREHA IN PUBLIC PLACES
- EMPLOYEE HEALTH AGREEMENT POLICY
- LEVEL 1 FOOD SAFETY ONLINE PROVIDERS
- LEVEL 1 FOOD SAFETY TRAINING APP
- LEVEL 1 FOOD SAFETY TRAINING BROCHURE
- LEVEL 2 FOOD SAFETY PROVIDERS
- REGISTERED SEPTIC ALL HAULERS PROVIDERS
- SEWAGE PUMPING REPORT FORM
- SEWAGE TREATMENT SYSTEMS ABANDONMENT PERMIT
- FIRE AND FOOD SAFETY
- FLOODING IN FOOD SERVICE OPERATIONS
- FOOD SAFETY AND POWER OUTAGES
- TEMPORARY FOOD SERVICE APPLICATION GUIDELINES
- FOODSERVICE OPERATION- RETAIL FOOD ESTABLISHMENT PLAN REVIEW APPLICATION AND GUIDELINES
- MOBILE FOOD SERVICE PLAN REVIEW-APPLICATION-GUIDELINES