Community Development Block Grant
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT (CDBG)
These funds are granted to the City each year and are designed to address a wide range of unique community development needs. CDBG funds may be used for activities which include, but are not limited to:
- Acquisition of real property
- Relocation and demolition
- Rehabilitation of residential and non-residential structures
- Construction of public facilities and improvements, such as water and sewer facilities, streets, neighborhood centers, and the conversion of school buildings for eligible purposes
- Public services, within certain limits
- Activities relating to energy conservation and renewable energy resources
- Provision of assistance to profit-motivated businesses to carry out economic development and job creation/retention activities
CDBG FUNDED RESOURCES FOR HOME REPAIRS:
People Working Cooperatively (PWC)
For more than 48 years, PWC has been strengthening our communities by providing critical home repairs, energy conservation, and accessibility modification services in an effort to help residents remain independent and healthy in their homes. PWC proudly performs more than 8,000 services for eligible homeowners each year, whose typical income is just $14,000 a year. Often, these individuals face challenges due to illness, disability, job loss or other circumstances.
People Working Cooperatively, Inc.
4612 Paddock Road
Cincinnati, OH 45229
Supports to Encourage Low-Income Families (SELF)
SELF helps low-income Butler County homeowners with free home repairs and mobility modifications. Last year, we helped more than 170 senior citizens, people with disabilities and families with young children who were physically and/or financially unable to do the work themselves.
We serve Butler County, Ohio homeowners with household incomes at 50-80% or below the Area Median Income. To see if you may qualify, or to apply for home repair assistance, please call 513-664-0174 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about you or your family’s eligibility for programs, call SELF at 513-868-9300.
SELF’s Hamilton Headquarters:
415 S. Monument Avenue
Hamilton, OH 45011
SELF’s Middletown office is located at 930 9th Avenue, Middletown, OH 45044.