Middletown City Health Department's mission is to preserve, protect and improve the health of Middletown residents.
Services are provided in accordance with State of Ohio statutes and Ohio Public Health Council.
The Middletown Health Department no longer offers immunizations. For a list of alternate locations, please see the following link.
Vital Statistics Division
Middletown Health Department's Vital Statistics Division will provide, for $25 each, birth certificates from anywhere in the State of Ohio and death certificates for deaths occurring in the city limits of Middletown.
The Vital Statistics division of the Health Department provides certified copies of birth records for all Ohio counties and death records for deaths occurring in the city limits of Middletown. There is a $25 per copy charge and phone orders are accepted with Discover, MasterCard or Visa.
Certificates will be sent via U.S. Mail. For expedited services please contact the Health Department, for details. Additional fees apply.
Download, view and print forms to request birth or death certificates by clicking the links below. Forms are in Adobe's Portable Document Format (PDF).
- Birth Certificate Request Form (PDF)
- Death Certificate Request Form (PDF)
- Online Order Form
- Indigent Application
Starting March 20, 2015, adult adoptees adopted in the relevant years may submit an application to ODH for a copy of their adoption file. The requesting adoptee must be at least 18 years old. Should you have any questions, please contact the Ohio Department of Health's customer service team at 614-466-2531.
Environmental Health Division
The Environmental Health Division inspects and licenses food services (restaurants, schools, nursing homes, etc. and festival food vendors), tattoo facilities, swimming pools and septic systems. This section also investigates nuisance and dog bite complaints within the city limits.
Maintaining the excellent health of our citizenry and preserving and improving the environment are the primary goals of the Middletown City Health Department.
State law, through the Ohio Department of Health, mandates many of the programs enforced by the Middletown City Health Department staff. These programs, which include:
- Food establishments and vending machines
- Food service operations
- Public pool and spa programs
- Require an annual survey of costs to justify the license fees charged
Other programs include:
- Public health nuisance abatement
- Private water systems
- Rabies control
- Residential on-site water and wastewater
- School environment
- Smoke Free Ohio compliance
- Sewage treatment systems
- Tattoo and body piercing establishments
Health Education Division
The Health Education Division provides information to the community regarding a wide variety of health issues and programs.
City Health District Annual Reports
Read through the City Health Department Annual Reports.
View the Most Recent City Health District Annual Report (PDF) | View All the City Health District Annual Reports
- APPLICATION FOR VENDING MACHINE LOCATION
- APPLICATION TO CONDUCT FOOD SERVICE OPERATION - RETAIL
- POTABLE WATER INTERRUPTION IN FOOD SERVICE OPERATIONS
- BODY ART PIERCING PLAN REVIEW- APPLICATION AND GUIDELINES
- EXAMPLES OF BODY ART REQUIRED FORMS
- TIME LIMITED BODY ART PIERCING APPLICATION GUIDELINES
- CAMPGROUND TEMP APPLICATION GUIDELINES
- BED BUG PREVENTION DETECTION CONTROL
- CLEANING VOMIT DIARREHA IN PUBLIC PLACES
- EMPLOYEE HEALTH AGREEMENT POLICY
- LEVEL 1 FOOD SAFETY ONLINE PROVIDERS
- LEVEL 1 FOOD SAFETY TRAINING APP
- LEVEL 1 FOOD SAFETY TRAINING BROCHURE
- LEVEL 2 FOOD SAFETY PROVIDERS
- REGISTERED SEPTIC ALL HAULERS PROVIDERS
- SEWAGE PUMPING REPORT FORM
- SEWAGE TREATMENT SYSTEMS ABANDONMENT PERMIT
- FIRE AND FOOD SAFETY
- FLOODING IN FOOD SERVICE OPERATIONS
- FOOD SAFETY AND POWER OUTAGES
- TEMPORARY FOOD SERVICE APPLICATION GUIDELINES
- FOODSERVICE OPERATION- RETAIL FOOD ESTABLISHMENT PLAN REVIEW APPLICATION AND GUIDELINES
- MOBILE FOOD SERVICE PLAN REVIEW-APPLICATION-GUIDELINES