Whether you are new to our City or a long-time fixture of our community, we are ready to work with you on your next business investment. The City’s “Open for Business” Commitment is more that just words—it is a statement by each department within our organization to provide you with accurate and timely information about doing business in our community.
Middletown enjoys a rich history of innovation and manufacturing prowess. From its early days as a steel and paper town, Middletown has always taken advantage of its location in the heart of southwestern Ohio. Located between Cincinnati and Dayton, the City of Middletown, through its forward-thinking Master Plan, is again capitalizing on its strategic location as a destination of choice for new businesses and residents alike.
The new Atrium Medical Center and Premier Health Campus – Middletown in the City’s Renaissance District as well as investments from premier residential developers demonstrate a renewed confidence in the community and a desire to move Middletown forward.
Here are several reasons how you can find Success in the Middle and why Middletown is the right location your next investment:
- Middletown has a population of 51,605 (2000 Census)
- Cincinnati USA has a population of 2,058,221, ranking 25th in the nation.
- More than 2.7 million live with a 60-minute drive of Middletown.
- Within 600 miles (1000km) are:
- 43% of the nation’s population
- 41% of the nation’s purchasing power
- 44% of the nations’ manufacturing
- 54% of the nation’s value-added by manufacturing
- Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport, Delta Airlines’ second largest hub, is located within 50 miles of Middletown.
- Within 40 miles of hubs for ABX Air (DHL) and FedEx Ground
- Middletown is served by both Norfolk Southern and CSX railroads.
- More than 1.5 million workers live within 50 miles of Middletown.
- Middletown is home to Miami University Middletown
- One-hour drive access to 20 universities, colleges and vocational schools
Quality of Life
- The Cincinnati USA region ranked as on the Top 10 Most Livable cities in 2004
- According to Fortune Magazine, the Dayton Region ranks among the Top 100 residential real estate markets.
- Easy access to world-class sports, arts and entertainment venues in the Cincinnati-Dayton region.
More information about Middletown’s demographics is available by downloading a copy of the 2000 Census. Detailed information on demographics and consumer spending is available for site specific locations through our Available Sites & Buildings.