Traffic Violations Bureau
In accordance with the Ohio Traffic Rules, Rule No. 13, a Traffic Violations Bureau was established with authority to process and dispose of those traffic offenses for which no court appearance is required by law. All traffic offenses except those listed in 1 through 9 of this subdivision may be disposed of by this court's traffic violations bureau.
Offenses Not Processed
The following traffic offenses shall not be processed by this bureau:
- Indictable Offenses
- Operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol or, any other drug offenses
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Driving while under suspension or revocation of driver's license
- Driving without being licensed to drive
- A third moving traffic offense within a twelve month period
- Failure to stop or remain standing upon meeting or overtaking a school bus stopped on the highway for the purpose of receiving or discharging a school child
- Willfully eluding or fleeing a police officer
- Drag racing
Payable offenses can be received during the hours of 8 a.m. through 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Municipal Court cashier's window or evenings and weekends at the Middletown Police Department. Some of the frequent payable offenses are:
| 1st Offense Within 1 Year
| 2nd Offense Within 1 Year
|Seat Belt Violation:
|Red Light Violation
|Failure to Yield
|Assured Clear Distance
|Failure to Register / Display Tags
Points & License Suspension
Points are assessed by the Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV), not the court. Questions concerning points should be directed to the BMV. A drivers license can be suspended for a variety of reasons including: not having insurance, having an accident without insurance, Driving Under the Influence, certain drug offenses, non-payment of a traffic citation, and accumulation of 12 points. Some of these suspensions originate with a court order and some originate with the Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
The BMV is located in Columbus and can be reached at 614-752-7500. A regional office is located in Cincinnati and can be reached at 513-742-7535.